Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Two new wall sculptures are born!


Moving on to more pieces for the to Expand show that will be at the
Madden Museum in November. These are paper templates that will be traced on wood panels. My head is spinning with so many new ideas. I only hope that I will be able to create all of them!

The horizontal piece will be 25" x 82".
The vertical piece will be 94" x 33"

Each piece will be built, carved and painted. These pieces can be interpreted as layers of stratification, tall blades of grass, or simply organic abstract lines. The color and gentle curves are the key to success with these pieces. I am currently building pieces. Hopefully painting will start happen soon! Probably not for another few weeks. I will start painting on my River Runs Through It piece. Then move on to these. I have my work cut out for me!
These pieces are a new concept and I am so excited to bring them to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment