Friday, March 30, 2012

Watching the Waves


This is a new piece I am working on for the Madden Museum Exhibit, To Expand, opening this November.  I know you are thinking working already for an exhibit 7 months away... indeed.
I have big plans to expand, stretch, push myself to create some new sculptures and wall reliefs that will hit it out of the ballpark! I've started with the smallest piece to get the wheels turning. This piece consists of 4 panels each is 48" x  12". The inspiration comes from waves of water and a winding river. Cropped into closely from a bird's eye view, the waves of the river wind through all four panels. I like to juxtapose the wave patterns against each other creating constant motion. The river will appear flowing as I begin to paint.






No comments:

Post a Comment